Carolina, over at Yesterday After nominated me for this challenge, and I was more than happy to accept. It’s not very often that you can publicly express your gratitude. I think that it is super important to recognize the small blessings in life, which is why I began a “Thankful Jar” a few years back, in hopes of creating a new family tradition for the holidays. Carolina, thank you SO very much for nominating me for this challenge. I have truly enjoyed this moment of reflection!
The challenge rules:
- Share this image in your bog post
- Write about 5 people in your life you are thankful for
- Write about 5 things in 2015 that you are thankful for
- Spread the love and challenge 5 other blogs to take part
My Fabulous 5
1. My mother is a remarkable woman, and she has been my role model throughout the years. We have been together and supported one another through the best and worst of times. She has, and will forever remain my constant, my best friend, my rock. My go-to when there is nowhere else to turn. I love her immensely, I value her thoughts and feelings, and I strive to be more like her each day. She is a survivor of life, and has managed to get through it all with a beautiful smile on her face. It’s a downright shame that the world has never had the opportunity to meet her. She is a blessing, and I am thankful to call her “Mom!”
2. When I had given up all hope of finding my “Prince Charming,” he made his dramatic appearance into my life. My husband, my best friend, my confidant, my cheerleader, is more than I could ever have asked for! He meets my expectations in a man, and then somehow manages to exceed them. He challenges me, he stimulates my mind, and he creates peace in my life when the world goes insane. We think on the same wave link and have conversations without ever uttering a word. He is my other half, my better half, and if and when I should lose him, I will only be a shell of the woman that I once was. To know this kind of love is a blessing that I will FOREVER remain thankful for!
3. My Babies:
-The K Clan-
- Kody, my first born, the child who filled the gaping void in my life when I needed it the most, has been an absolute blessing in my life. His intelligence, his wit, his compassion, his creative nature make me a very proud mama. He was driving 4 days ago when he looked over at me and gave me the best compliment that I have ever received. He told me how proud he was to have me as a mother. That I was one of the few, in the dying breed of humans which embrace life and refuse to give up when the going gets tough. He admires me for my determination, my perseverance, my sacrifice, and for my undying, unconditional love. Such a profound statement from a 16 year old! I am SO thankful to have this “Little Man” in my life!
- Kayla, Mein Schatz! Her optimistic exuberance, intelligence, creativity, determination, and compassion make this beautiful little girl such a blessing in my life. She is the one who I can always depend on, my shining star, who knows no boundaries, and refuses to accept defeat. May her future be bright, and may she attain all of the riches in life that she has set her mind to. She makes the bleakest of days radiate, and I am SO thankful to have her in my life!
- Kolin, my miracle baby, who I would be lost without. His kind heart, his intelligence, his willingness to please others, and his creativity make this precious little boy an absolute delight and blessing to be around. May he be granted the best that life has to offer. He has such a loving heart and nature about him, and I am SO thankful that the good Lord up above shared this wonderful soul with me! He is a treasure, and I hope that the world has the opportunity to know him.
-My sweet Whitley is a diamond in the rough. Her beauty, her intelligence, her loving heart, and her ethics make her such a rare treasure, and a blessing in my life. May she realize her worth, and create the fairy tale life that she deserves. I am SO thankful to have her in my life!
-My feisty little McKinley. There is NEVER a dull moment when she is around! Her presence brightens my day, her curiosity challenges me, and her love makes me melt. May she grow up healthy and wise, may she find true happiness, and may she acquire all that her precious little soul deserves in life. I am SO thankful to have this little doll baby in my life, and I know that she will capture the hearts of many!
-My little Maddox. Although we have yet to meet, you are already a blessing in my life. May you enter this world with a sense of wonder, and may your heart be filled with compassion. I hope that you will have all that you want and need in your life, and that you will always know true happiness. You are already loved by so many, and I am counting down the days until I can look upon your sweet face.
4. I am thankful for my baby sister, Shanna, and her beautiful family (Trey, Miss Lo, Mr. Emory, and our sweet little Saylor who is bound and determined to make her entrance into this world). I wish that I could see them all more often than I do, as family is so very important to me. They all hold a very special place in my heart, and I am SO very thankful to have each of them in my life!
5. I am blessed to have such an incredible family, and the friends that have made their way into my life are irreplaceable! In my eyes, friends and family are one in the same. They are all special souls who share a corner in your otherwise hectic and crazy life. They are always there for support, love, encouragement, and to build memories with. Each person in this tight knit circle defines who you are in life, and what ideals you live by. They help mold you into the person that you are destined to become. In saying that, I thank each of these individuals for being in my life. You each hold a special place in my heart!
1. When I first began my Etsy business in September of 2014, I was curious if I had what it took to be successful. Although it has been a slow progression, I am happy with my venture, and thankful that I took that chance. My following is growing by the day, and I made yet another sale yesterday. I am truly blessed!
2. When I started my blog in May of this year, I was so scared that I would get booed off the stage. There was SO much competition, and my self-doubt kept telling me that no one would be interested in what I had to share. Boy was I wrong! I am SO thankful for my constant readers, each of my newest followers, and for ignoring that little voice in the back of my mind. I have been blessed with a wide variety of new friends, and am looking forward to seeing where this new road takes me. My newest friends, I am SO thankful for each of you!
3. My baby girl accepted the Lord into her life just 2 weeks ago, and I am SO very proud of her and her decision. I am thankful that I was able to witness this miracle. I pray that she maintain her close walk with Christ each day of her life. May the Lord bless thee and keep thee, Sweet Kayla!
4. Ever since my husband and I married, our quality of life has been in a downward spiral. We have literally struggled from paycheck to paycheck, and have maxed out our credit cards just so we were able to eat. Even though we now have a massive car note, we have somehow managed to find a way to start trekking back up that hill. Some weeks are better than others, and we still owe money all around town, but we are beginning to see a glimpse of relief on the horizon. I am thankful for that! I am anxious to be back in life. I don’t do well in “Survival Mode!”
5. For the past several years, I have stayed sick, and I don’t mean a sniffle here or there, I mean knockdown, drag out sick! My immune system was so weak with all of my pre-surgery conditions, that every stinking bug that went around the daycare, I caught. I still get sick from time to time (been running a fever for a week now and coughing uncontrollably while I write this) but it is nothing like it was! I am thankful that my resistance is building back up, and I am hoping that things will work out so that we can move to a warmer, drier climate, and that I can get away from sick children. I feel that those two factors will drastically improve my quality of life. I have always had a clean bill of health, and I would like to keep it that way from here on out.
My List of Nominees:
Chelsea over at Intentional 365
TJS Old to New
Donna over at The Raven 6825
Tabetha over at Waiting for Love
Carolina, thank you again for nominating me for this challenge! I have thoroughly enjoyed my moment of reflection!