Are you ready for a delicious, super fatty treat? Well, you’re in luck, as I’ve got it for you today!
- Vegetable Oil (enough to fill your pot or deep fryer)
- Vegetables (Zucchini, Squash, Eggplant, Mushrooms, Carrots, Broccoli)
- Chicken Breader ( I use House-Autry Original Recipe)
- Bread Crumbs (I use Progresso Italian Style)
- Spices (Ground Black Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Lawry’s Season Salt, Tony Chachere’s, Chili Powder, Paprika, and Parsley Flakes)
1. Pour your oil into a pot and place it on your burner on high heat.
2. Clean and slice your vegetables (I like mine sliced thin), then put them in a bowl that is filled with water and 1 Tablespoon of Milk.
3. Throw your chicken breader, bread crumbs, and spices (a little of this and a little of that ) into a gallon size Ziploc and shake.
4. Toss your veggies into your breading mixture, a few at a time, then place them into your hot oil.
5. Fry each batch for a few minutes, flipping halfway through, and then place on a paper towel covered surface.
6. Repeat steps until all of your veggies are fried and ready for consumption.
Whatever doesn’t get eaten the first go around, toss in a Ziploc bag and use in a batch of spaghetti or lasagna-SUPERB! My girlfriend, Diana, over in Germany used to make these all the time. Needless to say, I was hooked. SO easy and SO tasty!
Give it a try and let me know what you think…