I am so pleased to announce that I have been nominated for a new award. Nimmi over at Soul Mate’s-So Near, Yet So Far nominated me for The WakuWafu Award. I am so honored to receive this, and I am digging all of this blog love! Nimmi has a fantastic blog, full of raw emotion, relationships, and thought provoking poetry. If you have never visited her lovely blog, make sure to give it a visit. She is an absolute delight! Thank you again Nimmi, I sure do appreciate you thinking of me!
What is this award all about?
This is quoted directly from the award creator, WakuWafu…
“The idea behind this award is to motivate other fellow bloggers and to act as a token of appreciation – just as we ourselves felt motivated and really felt good about what we do. It is a small gesture that we hope goes a long way. One other thing we will be doing, however, when the award is awarded, we will be posting a link to the nominated blogs on our own website, so that people can actually find these blogs. I feel that there are so many awesome people to chat with who are blogging too, and it can be hard to find people easily, so I hope through these people who want to find new bloggers can do so more easily – just comment on the Wakuwafu award page when you receive it and we will put up a link to your blog. The rules of the blog won’t be too long, but they will let you get to know one another more!”
To visit WakuWafu’s blog (the originator of this award), click HERE
Rules for the award:
- Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Choose any 3 things you would like to say about yourself to your fellow bloggers.
- Answer the 3 questions set by your nominator, and think up 3 new questions for the people that you choose to nominate.
- Give one piece of advice to your fellow bloggers.
- Make sure to tell WakuWafu (click HERE) that you have been nominated (and/or completed the award) so that they can list your blog on the WakuWafu page. Make sure to tell them the name of your blog in the comments section.
Let’s see…3 things to share about myself:
1: I am a workaholic-I work Full-Time as a Preschool Teacher, and then tackle my blog and Etsy business once I get home from work.
2: I’m an old soul in a young woman’s body. I listen and learn from my elders, and I enjoy sharing experiences from my chaotic life with others, so that they can prevent or learn from my mistakes.
3: I believe, by all that’s right in the world, that it is NEVER too late to make a positive change in your life. You may have royally screwed the pooch, but you don’t have to accept those mistakes as your destiny. You have the power to change, and if you want it bad enough, you can create the life that you have always dreamt of. You don’t stop learning until you take that last precious breath of air, and your possibilities in life are endless up until that point.
Nimmi’s Questions for Me:
1.What is your goal of blogging today? My blogging goal is to touch and make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. I would like to eventually monetize my blog, so that I can work from home and care for my husband and children. From there, I want to reinvest that monetary profit to go towards an organization for Single Mothers and their babies. There are a TON of women out there who are ineligible for government help, but who are struggling just to keep the house afloat. I want to make life easier for these women! I have been in their shoes, and I know how financial struggles can entice a feeling of failure. Being a single mom is hard enough without having to entertain these thoughts!
2. What do you love most about blogging? My readers! They are the reason I write! I can write advice ALL day long (like I have for the past 11 years), but without an audience, who am I helping? Absolutely no one! My readers have impacted my life in such a positive way over the past few months, and I will forever be grateful for their love, support, and compassion. Each of you hold a special place in my heart, and I look forward to the growth of our friendships!
3. What is your inspiration for your posts? The inspiration for my posts come from real life; things that I have done, seen, and experienced during the course of my existence. There are no illusions here; no sugar coating on the facts. Each lesson is, as it’s called, a LESSON. It all goes back to “write what you know.”
3 Questions for my Nominees:
1: What do you wish you had known prior to beginning your blog?
2: What is the newest blogging tip, trick, or technique that you have run across?
3: Which of the blogging awards and challenges that you have received have you enjoyed the most?
My 1 piece of advice for my fellow bloggers would be to always write from your heart. If your heart isn’t in what you have to say/share, it’s evident in your content. Be true to yourself, and true to your message.
My 5 Nominees:
Nimmi, thank you again for this fantastic nomination! I have truly enjoyed it!