My Friend, my Ray of Sunshine, my Fellow Blogger, Ms. Erika Kind, has graciously awarded me with the Blogger Recognition Award. Thank you SO very much Erika! I am honored to receive this award! If you have never been over to visit this talented writer’s corner of the blogosphere, then you need to make the time. She is an absolute delight, and her fresh outlook on life is enough to brighten the worst of your days. Erika, thank you again for this recognition!
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Attach the award to the post (right-click and save, then upload)
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them
- Provide a link to the award creator: Edge of Night.
My Blog Creation:
For years I have considered creating a blog, but I had always held off because I just never had a clear idea of what I wanted it to be about. With the creation of my 5 year plan, the opening of my Etsy shop, and all of the goals that I had set out to obtain, it only made sense to bite the bullet and start one up.
When I began blogging, I still only had a broad idea of its purpose, but I knew that the topics would revolve around following your dreams, various inspirational and motivational tidbits, and life lessons that I felt others could benefit from. I have truly enjoyed my time thus far, and my expectations have been exceeded tenfold! The blogging community embraced me with open arms, and for that, I am truly thankful.
I have made some phenomenal friends in the short time that I have been blogging, and I have realized how supportive others from around the world can be. To each of my readers, please accept my sincerest “Thank You!” Your interactions have made each day special for me, and I look forward to our friendship evolving throughout the years.
My Advice for Up and Coming Bloggers:
- You don’t have to have it all figured out when you first begin blogging. Your entire direction may end up changing once you get your feet wet. Things that I had planned to implement when I first began, I have realized, were not necessary, and did not tie in with my overall theme/niche. I tried my best to cross all my t’s and dot all of my i’s prior to my blog launch date, and I have come to realize that it was just a bunch of useless worry and time. So, don’t delay, start today!
2. Before I began blogging, I had the worst time trying to wrap my mind around the differences between an RSS feed and a Newsletter. The only way that I was able to rationalize it, at that time, was by using a Facebook comparison. The RSS feed is similar to your “Friends” on Facebook. Your friends want to make sure that they don’t miss any of your news feed updates, so they befriend you. The RSS feed is like the news feed in that you will get an email for all new blog posts (updates) from blogs that you follow. A newsletter, ONE, has to be signed up for, and TWO, has additional material (posts, tutorials, updates, contests/raffles, and so on) that is not covered on your blog, similar in nature to “Like”-ing a Facebook business page. With newsletters, you can choose the frequency that they are sent out, while with the RSS feed, it is shot out every time you publish a new post. I know that my comparisons are a bit of a stretch, but I hope that it aids you in hitting that “Aha, I finally get it!” moment for at least one person. I searched high and low for that useless little tidbit, and never did find my answer. But, in my defense, my brain was super fried (WARNING: Information Overload!!!) by the time I got to that point in my research.
- Sarah Sue at Sarah’s Attic of Treasures
- Vic at Just Plain Ol’ Vic
- Tingting at Empower Love
- Lyn at Lynz Real Cooking
- Stephie at Stephie’s Beads and Baubles
- Rich at Waffle Me This
- Teacup Talk
- Tricia at Sometimes I Cook
- Amy at The Twenty Something Social Recluse
- Brey at Ordinary Adventures
- Supa Life of a Shopaholic
- Ushasree at Creative Crafts DIY
- Diana at Myths of the Mirror
- Heidi at The Art in Party Planning
- House of Heart
Erika, Thank you again for nominating me for this award. It is truly appreciated!