Have these past 3 weeks been as insane for ya’ll as they have been for me? Trying to get anything accomplished has been damn near impossible! Work has completely overwhelmed me! I have been dealing with sick kids, lice infestations, complete and utter disrespect and defiance, not to mention the cursing at teachers (did I mention these were 4 year olds?)… I believe that a lot of the behavioral issues we’ve been combatting are a direct result of tomorrow’s lunar activity. The moon’s activity has always played a HUGE role in the behavior patterns of children, and I’ve worked child care long enough to attest to this!

In addition to this daily fiasco, my poor husband has been suffering severe pain due to the sciatic nerve in his left leg for the past week. We were finally getting it to ease up with the hot baths, knee braces, deep tissue bengay massages, heat wraps, and an ibuprofen regiment, when Thursday at 1:00 I received a phone call at work from my hubby man in pure agony. He had fallen and he told me that he needed me to come home right away. I was finally able to leave, (an hour and ten minutes later) once the other teacher’s had returned from their breaks. Can’t very well leave a classroom full of kids by themselves, you know?!

Poor thing, I’ve never seen him in such bad shape before! I did everything in my power to make him as comfortable as possible, and then proceeded to rub the same, newly twisted and inflamed leg. It was a rough night to say the least! We were taking knee braces on and off in 20 minute intervals. Needless to say, I took Friday off. There was NO possible way I could leave him home alone, when he couldn’t even make it to the restroom by himself! Despite the circumstances, it was a much needed break for me as well, as I still have the funk that I had a few weeks back, resulting in unrelenting fatigue.

I wish that I could tell you that we had a restful day of relaxation, but when we had finished breakfast, and were preparing to take a nap (since we had been up all night) my husband received a phone call from my daughter. Except, it wasn’t my daughter; it was a man. He heard a girl in the background who sounded to be in a struggle, and the man on the other end began cursing my husband and calling him by name. What in the world was going on? Had my daughter been abducted? We couldn’t get any answers before the dial tone was audible, so I immediately grabbed my phone and called the school requesting that my daughter call me. The minutes seemed like hours! Oh, please let my baby girl be okay!

She finally called, and after a bit of investigation, we realized that someone had hacked into her Text Now account. The phone calls and text messages from that man continued for the next 2 hours, until I informed him that I had gotten the police involved and had every intention of prosecuting to the fullest extent of the law. I guess that scared him away because we have not heard from him since. It was an extremely frightening ordeal, and I am SO thankful that my precious baby girl is safe! I don’t know what I would do if anything ever happened to any of our kids!

The events of the past several days have mentally worn me down, but I wanted to apologize to each of you for not posting yesterday, and to explain what has been going on.

Throughout the week, I have been working on 3 pairs of boot cuffs, and have finally figured out the right crochet count. The others were slightly off, resulting in an unflattering appearance. This is the pair that I am close to completing. What do you think?

Crochet Boot Cuffs in Progress

I busted out the sewing machine a little bit ago, and began sewing up my fabric elastic headbands only to realize that they were a little wider than I had envisioned, and that I need to shorten the elastic band by about 2 inches to give them a snug fit; so, back to the cutting board with those guys.

I hope that this post finds each of you well, and that you are having a fabulous weekend! See you again Tuesday…


10 thoughts on “Life…

  1. Just Plain Ol' Vic says:

    OMG what a ride you have been on!! I am so sorry for everything that is going on and that ‘Text Now’ account scare…sheesh, that takes the friggen cake! Sending positive vibes your way and hope everything get better quickly!


  2. Sarah's Attic of Treasures says:

    I was on Facebook trying to stay away from HERE (meaning WordPress and my Blog) for a little longer today and look where I ended up. All because you friended me. Thank you by the way,
    My heart was in a panic when the first phone call was made (even though I knew everything was ok because we’d messaged since then.) Oh MY GOSH. I can’t really imagine how that phone call tore you up. We imagine things happening. We never get an actual phone call.
    Headed back to FB before I see anything here I have to do.
    Love Sarah

    Liked by 2 people

  3. says:

    Wow, that call would be terrifying, I am so glad she was safe, as a mom, that would be so horrible. I have a hubby with sciatica too, but not anything as bad as your poor hubby. I Hope he feels better soon. I have had some siatica over the years , nothing lately, but again, nothing like that, and it was miserable enough. I cannot even imagine what he is going through, poor guy !! Does he know what caused it ? My husbands was a car accident, mine was just weight and being out of shape.
    I hope your next few days are much less stressful !!!

    Liked by 2 people

    • Krista Kemp says:

      Yeah, it was scary! Hubby is getting better each day. I have a feeling that all of the wrecks he endured while racing motocross is finally catching up to him. He would be doing a TON better if he hadn’t slipped on his sock on our hard wood floors though. The stress level around here has eased up slightly. Hope all is well in your world!


      • says:

        We are all well, just the stuff you cannot control, an air conditioner that was out the past week , yikes, but the part is here and my wonderful hubby will fix tomorrow !! We are in the middle of a kitchen reno, which is stressful but so wonderful after 14 years in this 90 year old house with the hideous old kitchen, I am not complaining too much, but have my days when it gets to me and a whine and beg for my stove ,which is in a box still, my husband is not amused when I do this !! I hope your husband feels better soon, that is so awful for him !! Racing motor cross, my husband would be so excited to hear that, he loves racing, watching, has never gotten the chance to race, but that was his dream as a kid, but it never happened !!
        Take care, glad to hear things are settling down around your house !!!

        Liked by 1 person

  4. Krista Kemp says:

    Hope he gets the ac fixed soon. That’s awesome about your kitchen renovation! I hope you love it when it’s done! Yeah, hubby placed 72 out of the nation, and then broke his hand off, thus ending his career. We watch all the races religiously. Have a great day!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s